Well if you haven’t heard the CrunchPad is dead so tears aside, here are my new infatuations that will hopefully do just as well (and actually become available): The K.R.T. X9 Tablet with Windows 7, The Vega Tablet with Androi and the Camangi WebStation Tablet with Android.
And now, without further adieu, here are the specs, other details and expected release dates for all of these beauties:
K.R.T X9 with Windows 7: approx $588 USD when released (estimate)
This puppy is the first Windows 7 Tablet to feature multi-touch support but at 2kg the KRT X9 is a beast!
KRT X9 Specs:
- 2kg with battery (yikes),
- 10″ multi-touch display (1024×600),
- 1.6ghz Atom 270 processor,
- Intel 950 graphics,
- 1GB RAM,
- 160 GB HD,
- 5-in-one SD/MS/MMC/MS-Pro card reader,
- VGA port,
- 3G connectivity,
- 3 USB ports,
- 4 hours of battery life during use (either a 2800mAh or 3500mAh battery).
KRT X9 Dimensions: 226.3mm x 166.9mm x 24.7mm
KRT X9 Release Date: No ETA but early to mid 2010 expected
KRT X9 Related Articles/Sources:
- I4U News: K.R.T. X9 Windows 7 Tablet
- ClonedinChina: K.R.T. X9 Runs Windows 7, with Multi-Touch Support
Vega Tablet with Touch Screen and Android (or (ick) perhaps Windows CE)
The Vega Tablet is on its way in 2010 and it appears it is definitely a go but it will only be available to “tier 1 carriers” (i.e. Sprint, Verizon, etc.) in the States when ICD launches it in the first quarter 2010 according to this Gizmodo article; okay it didn’t say not Canada but come on… it is doubtful we will get it so quickly.
Vega Tablet Specs: it will be available in 7, 11 and 15 inch sizes.
The following specs are for the 15 inch version listed here.
- Android 2.0 Eclair
- 15.6″ Touchscreen
- NVIDIA Tegra
- 512 DDR / 512 NAND
- 1.3 MP Web Cam
- Micro SD
- Bluetooth 2.1
- Wireless 802.11 b/g
- USB 2.0
- 2g/3g Data
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Magnetic Docking
- Tablet/Dock Charging
- Ambient light sensor
- Dual digital microphones
Vega Tablet Release Date: First quarter 2009
Vega Tablet Related Articles/Sources:
- Official Site of the Vega Tablet
- The Vega Overview PDF
- The Vega Overview PPT
- Vega Android Tablet Shown Sullied by Windows CE (The Horror!!)
- This german Engadget post includes an English video of the Vega in action. A must see!
Camangi WebStation Android Tablet (small 7″ screen but cool)
The WebStation reminds me a lot of my Nokia n800 Tablet due to its layout but it sure seems to be a decent little gadget – not my thing because it isn’t big enough but worth showing since it is actually available this Christmas (or so they seem to say).
Camangi WebStation Tablet Specs:
- 7″ TFT LCD display with 16M True Color
- Single Resistive touch panel with hard glass
- 800×480 high res screen.
- Android 1.5
- Marvell PXA303 624MHz CPU
- 128MB Mobile DDR
- 265MB NAND (system space)
- USB keyboard support
- 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi
- USB dongle to 3G Connectivity
- GPS Module
- Omni-directional microphone
- Micro SD card slot – supports up to 16GB
- Type A & mini-B USB port
- Built-in Lithium Polyme battery (3.7V, 4000 mAh)
- Battery life is 4-5 hours with usage and 4 days standby
Camangi WebStation Dimensions: 120mm x 200mm x 14.5mm and weighs 390 grams
Camangi WebStation Release Date: December 15th 2009
Camangi WebStation Related Articles/Sources: