I saw this Hummus recipe on TV yesterday morning while watching Foodies. I am intrigued and decided to post it – if just for the sake of knowing where it is 🙂 If you have tried one like this let me know what you thought.
To my wife, Sara, this is not even remotely called Hummus because of all the additions but we both agreed it would be a fun recipe to try. I will let you know how it tastes when we finally get around to trying it.
- 1 can – 310 mL (18 oz) Â Â Â Chick peas, drained and rinsed of its liquid
- 180 mL (6 oz)Â Tomato salsa
- 1 pcÂ Avocado
- 30 g (1 oz)Â Green olives, pits removed
- 2 clovesÂ Garlic
- 30 mL (2 tbsp)Â Louianna Estates Olive Oil
- 45 mL (3 tbsp)Â Gay Lea Sour Cream
- 10 mL (2 tsp)Â Lemon juice
- To taste: Salt and pepper
Instructions: Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until purÃ©ed. Season to taste.